One of the things I wish I had realized earlier in my journey is to open source the projects I undertook as an independent and as a Computer Science student. I did a plenty of good projects which I didn’t document or open sourced and unfortunately
Now onwards, I plan to document all the projects on this page. Also, I have added a short description of the fun projects I have done before.
🎖 Survey Web App [WIP ⚙️]
A web app to collect survey built in Python using Flask for backend and Chart.js to draw graphs based on the collected data.
📒 Library Management System
A Library Management System built using React.js, Node.js, and MongoDB. It had functionalities like books, publications, and articles management, fine management, automatic emails, and authentication built via JWT and Passport.js.
🔰 SoundCloud Downloader
Quick and minimal SoundCloud downloader built in AngularJS using the SoundCloud developers API. All you needed was to put the URL of the track you want to download and it will
🕶 Surveillance App
It was one of the fun projects I did using C# and EmguCV (C# wrapper of OpenCV library). It was a desktop application which recorded a video only when it detected any motion (provided a certain threshold) or a human face.
🎃 K-Mean Algorithm Implementation
K-Mean is a clustering algorithm used in data mining to create clusters of data provided a set of data. I coded the algorithm in C# and obtained 95%+ accuracy as compared to that of Weka.
🔥 Big Int in C++
BigInt is kind of a data type which allows you to have an infinite length of numbers. I did this project using C++ where I developed this data type using the
char arrays. Also, I wrote function to do arithmetic functions like Addition, Multiplication, Subtraction, and Division — 9’s and 10’s complement to the rescue.
🌈 Image Editing Application
It was a simple image editing application built using C++ & Qt to edit the images. I manipulated the individual matrices to blur, sharp, grayscale, and color filter the images. Also, it performed operations like rotate and flip.
⚡️ Bitmap Image Editing
It was probably the first project I did when I got into CS. I used C++ to manipulate ‘.bmp’ images using the character arrays. If my memory of recollection is not misleading me, I used file streams to read data into the character arrays. The first 56-bits contained the metadata regarding the file and then the matrices started which I manipulated to achieve the different effects.